Dienstag, 2. März 2010

Istanbul weekend-trip with a handicap





A few days after we booked our four day extended weekend trip in Febuary, I broke my right foot - and that three times! Katrin and I decided to fly there anyway. We departed from Hannover to Istanbuls new low-cost airport SAW / Sabhia Gökcen very early on saturtay morning 27FEB10 on one of Sun Express' B 737-800. If anyone ever asks me how I would describe so called ethno-traffic I would strongly recomend joining exactly this flight. About 70% of our fellow passengers where Turkish people of all ages bringing most their household with them.
What a busy city - our hotel was directly in the citycenter in walking-distance to all important sights such as the bazars, mosques and the Bosphorus. Despite my handicap we did walk to all the places to see - for miles and miles. Even though the weather was not so kind to us we did the full tourist programme anyway. Visiting the Turkish Air Force Museum, going on a boat-cruise and visiting all major attractions.
Over the next days, I will upload some pics to my flickr.com page - enjoy!

Keine Kommentare: