Montag, 5. Mai 2008

Antonov AN-2 D-FWJC


My ride for the last weekend. I just love it - this is an Antonov AN-2, one of my favorite planes. I have flown so many times on this particular one, I can even fly it myself. On friday, 02MAY08 we flew from the former russian airforce base FINOW/Eberswalde (about 60km north of Berlin) to Hannover and on Sunday we returned from Hannover via the historic Berlin airport Tempelhof. This airport is one of the airports used in the Berlin Airlift (1948/49) sixty years ago and is one of the oldest airports existing in the world. Unfortunately it will be closed due to supidity later this year which is very sad. I was lucky enough to fly there most likely for the last time in style.
As always there will be more pics at my flickr.com page. Enjoy.


1 Kommentar:

Olaf hat gesagt…

And I had the pleasure to join this flight too. Thanks again to our Pilots Henning and "Lexa" !