Mittwoch, 14. Mai 2008

Sold!


















As of today I am not the proud owner anymore of my Lockheed F-104G Starfighter pitot-cover. I always found it cool to have but it was only sitting in the corner of my office until I met a guy on the net who is busy with a great project: the complete restauration of a Starfighter cockpit section inside and out. The project takes place in his garden and fills up a lot of it. 
I think it was a good decision selling my part and now seeing it being used for its actual purpose (if you are woundering what I am talking about: it is the long red and white tube on its nose)

As I read about it a few month ago, o decided to visit the gliding airfield Wenzendorf, near Buchholz in der Nordheide - a former WW2 aircraft factory and military airfield on my way back home. Today only relics remain in a little forrest grown over by trees and it is only possible to imagine how this looked seventy years back. Some parts of the barracks are still in use as an old-folks home and a few other purposes.

Keine Kommentare: